Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creative Space Thursday

This week I cannot blog about the handicraft type things I am creating. I wish I could. But they must stay a big big secret.....for now.

I can talk about another very creative project I have been working on this week. I did post on it way back in the planning phase. Now that it is coming to fruition it is very, very exciting.


The pirate's school is the first Canberra school to get a Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden grant. As the resident landscape architect parent I am getting involved in a few school projects and designing this garden has been a wonderful experience. I have met some fantastic new friends with similar philosophies about gardens, sustainability and community. See how good we are?- almost all of us arrived by bike, even with tools!


This week I got to lay out the great curving planter beds along an old driveway, making sure they were just so - but was beaten to it by over-enthusiastic blokes when it came to applying the power tools!

I am quite chuffed with them, I must say.

For more creative spaces head this way.

4 comments:

Bells said...

I love this! Fantastic. Very exciting project! Keep us posted!

Michelle said...

I can't believe you were usurped on the use of the power tools! No fun!!

The project is looking so great.

Bron said...

The Stephanie Alexander school program is such a great idea! How exciting for you and the pirate to be part of the first one in Canberra!
Can't wait to see how it progresses =D
xo

DrK said...

so great to see this start to come alive! congratulations!