Thursday, March 19, 2009

a studio rises

Where have I been? I intended to come back sooner and spend some time tending to my blog, but I have a project that takes up all my time and energy. Some time ago I posted my list of new year projects - the list that so many of us make but find so hard to achieve. My list has a project to build a studio and to do this I have been converting this.....


into this....



It must be finished in another week. I am very worried I won't make it. My lovely dad even came down from Queensland this week to help out - we got almost all the painting done, the floor 70% laid and the shower sealed, but, there is so much more to do and he goes back in the morning. I have now called on friends for a working bee this weekend. I won't bore you with a list of what is still to do - just understand it is HUGE. I wonder if I can get holidays.. ???... very doubtful.

and if that isn't frightening enough - all the junk that was in the shed to begin with is now here.



but that is a project for next month.

5 comments:

Bells said...

What a daunting job! But will be so rewarding, am sure. Good luck with the bee!

DrK said...

a very ambitious project, cant wait to see it done!

Sarah said...

Looks like great progress already and good luck for the rest!

Anonymous said...

Ah well, that explains it. You've done so much already. Well done. Hope you get it all done on time.

Michelle said...

I wish I'd read this yesterday - I could have brought some zuke muffins down for your sweaty and hardworking friends!

I think you've achieved so much in a relatively short period of time. It's looking great!