Sunday, September 7, 2008

Do you love a fete?

Majura Primary had their fete yesterday. I love, love, love a fete. We usually come home with all kinds of treasures, and many of them go back to the next fete. This time we donated a boot load of things we don't need and came home with these......


two of these parker seats - 60's. in need of a little work but stunning,

some beautiful old children's books, including one with one of the best inscriptions I have seen in a while....





And THIS!

this is scary. I have always been interested in learning to spin, but have always held back thinking I didn't have time for another habit. But picking up a wheel for $15 at a fete was a sign that it is time to start doing something about it, right?

5 comments:

Michelle said...

It's a sign, finding a beautiful wheel like that for $15!

I missed the fete yesterday - normally I go. I don't think I would have had the patience to scrounge this year. Looks like you had a few good finds though!

Bells said...

Oh I do love a fete. Very much!

I have a spinning wheel now too and want to learn but am too afraid to start! I will if you do will....

Georgie said...

Oh my, $15?? Definately a sign! Dont be scared - whats the worst that can happen? Go for it! Im a learner too, but really, its not that scary once you get stuck.

And I adore those chairs - what a find!

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

F-u-n-k-y chair, I'm just pea green with envy!

Bells said...

you've been tagged! see my blog!