Well I have signed up for my first swap - and it comes with coffee so it has to be good right? Now I need to blog a questionnaire.....you can read on if you don't have anything better to do - but I warn you it is pretty unexciting.
About Your Yarn Passion
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? When did you first learn?
I knit - no crochet yet. I learnt when I was about 8 but then didn't try again till a friend taught me while I was stuck in hospital with pregnancy complications for 9 weeks. That was 5 years ago and I haven't really stopped since.
2. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
I like wooden/bamboo mostly but do have some steel circulars which are great. I am tending to use more circular than straight ones - but this is more about fitting them in my bag easily. I only have a couple of harmony dpns sets - my collection is in ravelry.
3. What kind of projects do you enjoy making? Any types you just haven't ever gotten into as much as others?
I have just got into socks and am liking that a lot. I am also trying my first lace wrap. I enjoy all kinds of projects but not lots of bland knitting. I don't like anthing too fussy so can't see myself doing ruffles ever.
4. What's on your needles\hook right now? What's your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
right now luminaire socks and the upstairs shawl, a wrap cardigan for my niece and then a jacket/cardi for me.
5. If you were going on vacation tomorrow, what project(s) would travel with you?
I would take a couple of different projects - a simple one for when I have other distractions and then something interesting I can immerse myself in like socks or a wrap.
6. What are your favorite types of yarns? Any you're allergic too, or just hate working with? Anything in particular you've been dying to try?
I prefer natural fibres of all kinds. I am looking for the perfect alpaca boucle to make something cosy for winter - and am keen to try some bamboo type yarns. Any yarn is new and exciting if you haven't worked with it before.
7. What sort of colors do you love in yarns? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there any you can't stand?
I am a red head so I go for rich earthy colours. I can't do pastels at all but love warm reds and oranges, deep greens, browns and black. I like yarns that are semi solid rather than highly variegated and love a tweedy yarn too. I like texture and colour interest without going too far over the top if that makes sense.
Your Coffee Passion
1. Do you prefer caffeinated or not?
2. Whole bean or ground? For what type of pot or press?
Whole bean - I use an atomic stove top expresso coffee maker which needs the coffee ground to a turkish consistency
3. What types of roasts do you enjoy? Are you more the light and lively or dark and robust type? robust every time
4. How do you 'take' your coffee? Creamers? Sweetener? Other add ins?
I prefer my coffee strong with lots of warm milk - cafe Latte style
5. That first morning cup - is it about the taste, or the caffeine?
Both for sure.
6. Do you enjoy going out to coffee shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
I love a coffee shop that makes good coffee - most of the starbucks in Aust have closed down because the coffee wasn't the way most of us like it. I like my coffee italian style and go to local coffee shops which make much coffee better than the chains do here.
7. You've just made the perfect cup of coffee - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
I like mine in a glass usually or a thin cup. I love to take my coffee to the deck and soak up the winter sun.
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, and have a magic cabinet in your kitchen - when you open it, magically, your favorite treats will appear to enjoy alongside the coffee - what are they? Are they sweet? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
ooooh what a great image to work on - I love a biscotti or one of those almond shortbread biscuits - not too sweet and with a bit of crunch.
All about YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
I garden, read about sustainable design, and cook. I don't have time for anything else but have lots of things I would do if I could - like ceramic sculpture, paper making with natural fibre, sewing, spinning.....
2. Do you collect anything?
I collect retro plastic lemon juicers - and yarn
3. What is your favorite part of Autumn?
the chill in the air and how everything is sunny and crispy
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
In the house I like citrus scents or sandalwood scents - On me I don't use a lot of scent but if I do go for the earthier warmer tones not the florals.
5. Are you allergic to anything?
6. Are you on Ravelry? What's your ID?
7. How would you spend an ideal fall afternoon/day?
A favourite day would be a bike ride, or a bush walk and then head to a cafe with friends for great coffee and knitting. Then on to someone's house for great food and red wine.